The Acrobat-i Positioner provides the strength, flexibility, visibility, and the stability necessary in a variety of surgical situations.
Beating Heart Surgery
Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) uses local stabilization of the heart that allows the surgeon to operate while the heart still beats. In contrast, conventional bypass surgery stops the heart and puts the patient on a heart-lung machine during the bypass procedure.
The potential benefits of beating heart surgery compared to on-pump surgery may include:
- Reduced incidence of a common irregular rhythm post-operatively (Afib)
- Fewer cognitive and neurological effects (for example, a stroke)
- Lower incidence of post-operative respiratory failure
- Faster recovery rates
- Shorter hospital stays
- Fewer wound complications
- Fewer blood transfusions needed